XPD101 People & Organisations
XPD101 People & Organisations Journal Article Review Response Sheet
JAR SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
You should use this Journal Article Review Exercise Response Sheet to complete the Journal Article Review Exercise. All JAR Response Sheets submissions MUST be in MS Word or PDF document format.
To complete the Journal Article Review Exercise, you will need to do each of the following:
1. Find FIVE (5) academic journal article publications
You will need to use the library catalogue and/or databases to find FIVE (5) academic journal publications relating to ONE of the Major Assignment topics.
2. Accurately reference the academic journal article publications.
You will need to refer to the Harvard Reference Style Guide (available on MyLO) to provide accurate, comprehensive and correct in-text and reference list citations for the articles you selected. As proof of your ability to locate critical resources, you are required to submit a copy of the Harvard Reference Style Guide with your JAR Response Sheet.
3: Describe how each of your selected academic journal article publications will help you to answer the Major Assignment question
You are required to provide a brief evaluation of how each of the articles will help you to answer the Essay Assignment question.
Upload an electronic version of this response sheet, the Harvard Referencing Guide (available on MyLO), and all FIVE of your journal articles to complete the JAR assignment.
1. In the space below, provide the full reference (i.e. as you would present them in your full reference list) for each of your FIVE (5) selected academic journal articles. You must use the format dictated in the Harvard Reference Style Guide, and make sure that they are in alphabetical order. Rubric: 1 mark for each full reference presented in strict accordance with the Harvard Reference Style Guide.
2. Select ONE of your references from your full list, and provide an in-text citation for the following situations: (a) when citing the academic journal article as part of a sentence; (b) when citing the academic journal article inside parentheses; (c) when directly quoting from the academic journal article. In all three answers, please write a complete sentence to demonstrate your understanding.
Rubric: 1 mark for each in-text reference presented in strict accordance with the Harvard Reference Style Guide.
|(a): (b): (c):|
3. In a minimum of THREE (3) and a maximum of FIVE (5) sentences, describe how each of your FIVE academic journal articles (sourced from a minimum of three different journals) can be used to answer the Essay Assignment question.
Rubric: In a minimum of THREE (3) and a maximum of FIVE (5) sentences, the student will explain: (a) the focus of the academic journal article; (b) the major finding of the academic journal article, and (c) the usefulness of the academic journal articles for answering the Essay Assignment Question
Rubric = 1 mark for each article discussed in the required manner.
|For example: The article by Smith and Jones (2007) focuses on the application of Corporate Social Responsibility in the retail sector. The researchers interviewed 250 senior managers about their perceptions of what CSR means for the day-to-day running of the major retailing organisation. The article will be useful for the major assignment as it provides a model that links CSR practices to important organisational outcomes.|
4. Submit an electronic copy of the Harvard Referencing Style Guide and the FIVE (5) selected academic journal articles.
Rubric: The Harvard Style Referencing Guide AND ALL FIVE (5) academic journal articles are submitted = 2 marks; ANY of the required files are not submitted = Zero marks.