System thinking in Public health 6003
Public health professionals must work across various sectors and with key stakeholders such as other professionals and community groups in order to improve health outcomes. Often, these stakeholders have competing interests and conflicting ideas about health, and about what would be the most effective ways to meet public health needs and outcomes. Stakeholders may not even share the same values related to improving public health. In some cases, using a systems thinking or intersectoral approach may pose many challenges for implementation.
Report applying system thinking in public health upto 1000 words
This assessment addresses the following learning outcomes: 1. Apply systems thinking and an intersectoral approach to public health issues.
To prepare for this assessment, choose one public health issue (e.g. obesity, a chronic disease) in any country for which it is obvious that a systems thinking approach has not been, or is not being, applied. Then in approximately 1000 words:
• Describe the public health issue.
• Explain the roles of stakeholders, both within the health system and in other sectors in addressing this issue. • Drawing on research evidence, explain the obstacles that are preventing the application of a systems thinking approach to this issue.
• Based on the literature, offer suggestions (e.g. new governance arrangements) for how a systems thinking approach could be applied to this issue. Assessment Criteria
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of systems thinking and an intersectoral approach (20%)
• Shows the ability to interpret and analyse relevant information and literature on systems thinking and an intersectoral approach (30%)
• Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge and understanding of systems thinking and an intersectoral approach to a public health problem (30%)
• Use of academic conventions including appropriate resources and referencing (20%)
o Uses key readings and shows evidence of reading beyond the key reading
o There is a lucid introduction and clear conclusion or summary
o Complies with normal academic of referencing and bibliographical details (including reference list, use APA style)
o Is written clearly with accurate spelling, grammar and sentence and paragraph construction
Get Public Health assignment Help services with us