SCU Blackboard | A Step by Step Login & Learning Guide
Southern Cross University is a multi-campus university on Australia’s east coast. Southern Cross has been ranked in the world’s top 150 universities under the age of 50 by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. Many students want to learn about SCU Blackboard and SCU Login guide.
So, we have created step by step guide to learn SCU Blackboard & Webportal.
- What is mySCU Blackboard
- Why blackboard learning is important
- SCU Blackboard Learning Process
- How to Login into The Southern Cross University Blackboard?
- SCU Blackboard Login & Learn Quick Guide
- What you can get as a result
- Blackboard basic guide for students
- Blackboard guide for Instructors
- Video Guide for Blackboard Learning
- About The Southern Cross University
- People’s questions
- The Southern Cross University Blackboard Reviews
What is SCU Blackboard (MySCU)
MySCU Blackboard learning environment is centrally supported eLearning management system. All study units delivered at SCU have an associated Blackboard site. MySCU Blackboard is an easy to use web-based learning system allows online interactivity and collaboration as well as access to study materials and resources.
The Learning Site is allows teaching staff to present and distribute learning materials to students, electronic communication tools, course documents, learning videos, quizzes, tests and more tools for students.
Blackboard allows students to access course documents, recorded lectures, discussions, grades, tests, surveys, and more in a one location that can be accessed anywhere and any time.
SCU Blackboard streamlines communication with students. It is possible to send messages to all students at the same time or tailor messages for every pupil using a template.
Why blackboard SCU’s learning is important for students & faculty?
Southern Cross University delivers degrees on campus and online, with a rich academic portfolio covering a wide range of disciplines. SCU Blackboard is working as platform between students and teachers to build the easy communication between them.
The Blackboard system automatically maintains course enrollments. Courses are private and accessed only by faculty and their students.
MySCU provides teaching staff with sufficient freedom and flexibility to use their unit’s Learning Site to best meet their delivery needs.
Faculty can post and organize grades in one place. Students can see how well they are doing in their class at any time. Blackboard provide one location for course content and grades for you and the students to access 24/7 from any location.
Benefits of SCU Blackboard
- Streamlined communication.
- Learning in a variety of ways
- Blackboard learning makes easy for students.
- Access content from anywhere & anytime.
- File sharing is easy.
- Keep an electronic grade book.
- Collect and return assignments electronically.
- Central Location for students & teachers.
- Library Services.
SCU Blackboard Learning Process
From information provided above, you guys understood the importance of both The Southern Cross University & it’s Online Learning Management System called SCU Blackboard.
Now, we will guide you through step by step learning process of SCU Webportal Blackboard.
- Register for your account at SCU Webportal.
- Blackboard is accessed via the SCU Web Portal at learn.scu.edu.au.
- You need SCU Username & SCU Password to login into Blackboard.
- That’s it, Login with these credentials & enjoy your SCU Blackboard with bunch of features.
How to Login into SCU Blackboard?
If you want to access all features like participate in classes, library resources, group discussions, activities to complement face-to-face teaching, online assignments & other programs. You have to login into Blackboard of SCU Webportal with SCU Username & Password.
Below is the step by step guide to SCU Blackboard login, follow it and enjoy great experience.
1. SCU Blackboard Log in Instructions
Student have to access Blackboard via the Southern Cross University web site or direct access URL:
- In your web browser, navigate to learn.scu.edu.au portal.
- This prompts you to log screen where two options are available.
- First, login for Current Students & Staff
- Second, Blackboard Only Login.
- Click on Login button.
- Here, You will asked for your SCU Username & Password.
- After Successful login, Blackboard Dashboard will open with the Home tab active. Courses you are teaching or taking are displayed in the My Courses module.
If you have problem accessing your account or forgot your password, contact IT Helpdesk for help.
Access SCU Blackboard from a mobile device
Both Faculty & Student Mobile applications are available for SCU Blackboard. Blackboard mobile app lets the SCU student and staff community stay connected wherever they are to Blackboard content such as: announcements, discussions, units, grades, blogs and tasks.
Mobile learning harnesses the power of Blackboard anytime, anywhere. The application is free and is available for iOS and Android devices.
Use this step by step guide to use SCU mobile app
- GO to Apple app store or Google play store depending on your mobile device.
- Search for SCU Mobile Learn.
- Once you have installed the app, launch the application.
- Login using your SCU Username and password. The Portal home page will temporarily appear as you are forwarded into the app.
- Once you are signed into Blackboard Mobile app you will be brought to the Activity Stream where you can see updates about your courses.
What you can get after login at The Southern Cross University Blackboard LMS
- Online & Continuing Education Login
- Create Group Assignment
- Course Look-Up
- Post and organize grades in one place.
- Students can see how well they are doing in your class at any time.
- Streamlined communication
- Conduct student surveys that are read only by faculty.
- Personalized Study Plan
- Post in course discussion boards
Features of SCU Blackboard
Learn to create a content area, create an item in content area and select options for the item. Learn to paste text and tables, insert an image, link and format text in content editor box. You can learn to upload a single file using browse function, and multiple files by using drag and drop function
Instructors have the ability to personalize their course menu. They can add / remove different Content Areas specific to their course. It is important that you go through each Content Area on the Course Menu to familiarize yourself with how the course is set up.
Instructors can send announcements to students enrolled in their courses to alert students to changes, reminders, and upcoming events.
Discussions offer an important vehicle for asynchronous interaction and can serve a range of purposes, including as a place for online social interaction, class collaboration, as well as a place where students can field questions regarding unit content, activities and assessments. Discussions can be moderated by either teaching staff or selected students and the records of conversation are stored for later review.
The Grade Centre
The Grade Centre is MySCU’s centralised database for storing and managing student assessment attempts, results, student feedback and for calculation of final grades. Assessment events created within MySCU are automatically accommodated within the Grade Centre which also allows for manually created columns for assessment events that take place outside MySCU.
SCU Blackboard 2019 Update
Blackboard Learn features have been enhanced with the most recent upgrade. The upgrade includes technology changes, improved features and new features in Blackboard Learn.