HI5015 Sample assignmentJanuary 14, 2019
BUS702 Economics sample assignmentJanuary 14, 2019
HC1041 IT for business sample
- The given statement does not seem to be adequate because of the fact that an information system contains other components as well other than hardware and software. A basic definition of information system states that it is a system which interconnects several different components in order to collect data and then process as well as analyze it so to convert into a useful information. The components which together establishes an information system are data and networking communication along with hardware and software. As the statement given here does not mention the other components of information system, we cannot consider it to be accurate (Ciborra, 2012).
- A problem can be defined as a situation or an incident which results into some situations or outcomes which are not certain. These situations further lead to difficulties in achieving the desired outcomes or objectives planned by a particular organization or an individual. So, that obstacle can be considered to be the cause of that problem. For a firm which works in market research area, it is required to collect all the business data from their clients and analyze it in order to come up with some basic patters with respect to clients or market behavior in general. In order to collect data from all the departments or outlets of a firm, it is essentially required to have an information system which is centralized. This is the way; the market research team can gather all the data in bulk with more efficiency and effectiveness.
- A company can achieve competitive advantage by adopting and utilizing a strategic information system for their internal processes. There are two types of software which can be used for this purpose namely, off the shelf computer programs and customer made software. Of the two, off the shelf is cheaper as well as easier to use. In addition to that, off the shelf computer programs also costs cheaper as compared to customer made software which provides firms with a low-price competitive advantage. For example, software used for training purpose in the firm (Hevner, 2014).
- Nowadays, it has become really important for all the companies to come up with innovative ideas and products in order to attract their target audience. As, innovation or research and development has become a very costly process, many companies prefer copying competitive strategy from their competitors rather than developing it on their own. It is a convenient and cost-effective approach. One of the examples of this could be benefits provided by a strategic information system which can also be replicated and therefore it has quite a short life in the market.
- Adobe provides its free trails version which comes with certain basic features. Their advanced features are only provided to the users who have purchased it. So, if some user wants to use advanced features of Adobe and also to use those features in enhancing their work then it is required to buy the Adobe software (Smith, 2015).
Ciborra, C. (2012). The Labyrinths of Information: Challenging the Wisdom of Systems. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.
Hevner; M. (2014). “Design Science in Information Systems Research”. MIS Quarterly. 28 (1): 75–105.
Smith, G. (2015). “Design and natural science in Information Technology (IT)”. Decision Support Systems. 15: 251–266.