Need help with MNG03236 Business Professional Development
MNG03236 Business Professional Development Assignment 2
Are you struggling with the assignment of Southern Cross University for subject MNG03236 Business Professional Development Assignment 2? Punjab Assignment help team is among the leading Assignment help providers for Southern Cross University and helps with the assignments at discounted prices and plagiarism free content. Contact us
Email Id: Punjabassignmenthelp@gmail.com
Call or whats app: +918053884564
This assessment is designed to be used by you as an ongoing working portfolio to assist you in identifying your career goals and appropriate organisations you wish to pursue for internship or employment positions. It is designed for you to demonstrate your ‘understanding of the general structures of the world of work, including career possibilities and alternative pathways’ (Graduate Careers Australia 2016, para. 3).
Writing in first person (‘me’, ‘I’, ‘mine; etc.) is permitted however, you should remember that this is a university assessment and not a descriptive story. A minimum of five (5) well integrated academic references is required. You can include references cited in your video in your written reference list.
Be sure to review the attached marking rubric before attempting this assessment.
Part A – Written Report
The following may assist you to structure your work:
An Executive Summary of a report is just that, a summary. It contains a statement of report purpose and an overview of the actual and specific findings. Generally, it should be no longer than one page and does not count towards the word limit of your report. The Executive Summary can only be written after you have completed your report. Write in past tense (e.g. The purpose of this report was to …). If an Executive Summary is well written the reader should be able to understand the main points, findings, and conclusions of the actual report without having to read the full report. Be sure to check the relevant Academic Skills Quick Guide for help with writing your summary.
Ensure that you write an introduction for this assignment. The Academic Skills Quick Guides will provide you with a reminder on what should be contained in an introduction.
2.0 My Career
- Describe how you visualise your perfect graduate position and broader career in 1–2 paragraphs. Then critically evaluate how your descriptions compare and contrast with the literature covered in this unit relating to definitions of careers, career management and career success (Topic 1). Do not use dictionary or Wikipedia definitions in this discussion. Instead, you should be evaluating the descriptions contained in academic writings such as the embedded readings.
- Name the industry sector and role/s that you wish to pursue for your internship and/or graduate role and refer to Appendix A which will contain your database of potential employers. See below for the suggested layout.
3.0 Goal Setting
- Setting goals (both short- and long-term) is important in career planning. Challenging, but realistic, goals can have powerful positive influence on career success. Identify a goal setting theory (model) or motivation theory and discuss how it may be useful to assist you in achieving your career goals.
- In this section summarise your learning/career goals. Refer to Appendix B which will contain detailed information about these goals.
Again, consult the Academic Skills Quick Guides for details on how to write a great conclusion.
Start this section on a new page (use your word processing software to insert a page break) and use Harvard referencing.
Appendices (A & B)
Insert a section break (start on a new page).
- Appendix A – Database of Potential Employers
Here you will list each of your five preferred employers. Use appropriate headings numbered 1–5 ensuring each organisation is listed in order of preference (i.e. your most preferred organisation is number 1, your second choice employer is number 2 etc.). You may include your field trip organisation as one of the potential employers.
Use the following headings for each organisation to ensure all relevant information is provided and then include a short review, in 1–2 paragraphs, of the career prospects available within each of your selected organisations:
- Organisation name
- Contact person (who you would address your application to)
- Position title (of contact person)
- Postal address
- Phone number
- Organisation website – [Copy the link to the page you are referring to here]
- Other links – [If there is a specific employment and or internship link copy this link here]
Overview of [Insert organisation name here]:
Now write one to two paragraphs about what each organisation is renowned for and the types of career opportunities available in this organisation. Use your own words.
- Appendix B – Learning/Career Goals
Detail your four (4) most important career goals using this template: MNG03236 Portfolio Career Goals Worksheet.docx.To add this template to your document insert a section break after Appendix A. Then change the layout of this new section to landscape view.
The word count of appendices is not included in your overall assessment word count.
Part B – Video
This component of the assessment requires you to prepare a video in which you present an academic quality, industry sector analysis. You will need to be succinct as the video should be no more than three minutes in length.
Graduate Careers Australia (2016) provides some details about what an industry sector analysis should include. These include:
- a detailed description of the industry sector that you want to be working in after you complete your current degree;
- information on the career opportunities within this industry sector;
- information on the career challenges within this industry sector; and
- an evaluation of the most appealing aspects of this industry sector for YOU personally.
You must use information gained from discussions with industry insiders, academic journals and from your observations and general research. Be sure to note the source of your information. For example, you might say: ‘Timeshare is a growing sector of the hotel industry. According to an article published in Perspective Timeshare Magazine on 3 May, total revenues for this sector are up by 3% compared to the same time last year.’ Before going on to discuss in your own words what this means for the industry and your career.
You can also cite information that was shared with you on the field trip but again be sure to cite the source. E.g., ‘In a presentation on 12 July 2018 Mr. Brown, Vice President of A Very Good Hotel Group said key challenges for the sector included …‘
Some examples of videos completed by past students can be viewed here.
Additional info/help for the video:
- if the file size is larger than 300 MB you can see how to compress your video file
- here is a short video with tips on shooting your video on a phone
- while you can use any video editing software that you like, you might want to consider Screencast-o-matic – https://screencast-o-matic.com/ -as one option
Check out our other Latest posts !!
- Need Solution for Tutorial 1 HI5020 CORPORATE ACCOUNTING
- Need solution for Week 3 Tutorial of HI5019 Holmes
- Need solution for HI5019 Week 2 Tutorial Question
- Looking for HI5017 Week 1 Tutorial Solution
- Are You looking for Federation University Assignments?
- Find Tutorial solution for HI5014 T1 2020 International Business
- HC2091 T1 2020 Business Finance
- How to write HI6008 T1 2020 Assignment 1 Group formation
- Need Solution for Tutorial Questions of HI6007 Holmes?
- HI5004 Tutorial 1 Week 2 Marketing management
- PUBH1361 Principles & Practice of WHS
- MMS714 Sport Organisation Behaviour
- ICT583 Data Science Applications Data visualization
- Essay on capital based macroeconomic framework Sweden
- ACC512 Assessment 2 Divine denim
- BUSN20017 Effective Business Communications