MN501 | Ethical Issues Arising from use of ICT Technologies | Networking
Smart technologiesare on the rise. There is a body of literature discussing the key benefits of Smart Technologies; however smart technologies also introduce many ethical issues.MN501 Ethical Issues Arising from use of ICT Technologies Networking.
MN501 Ethical Issues Arising from use of ICT Technologies Networking:
0)Did You Say Privacy? What Privacy?
Surveillance technology has progressed to the point that it is possible to identify individuals walking city streets from satellites in orbit. Telephone, fax, and email communications can routinely be monitored. Personal information files are maintained on citizens from cradle to grave. There is nowhere to run… nowhere to hide. Personal privacy is dead. [Source: Kizza J.M. History of Computing. In: Ethical and Social Issues in the Information Age, 2010, Texts in Computer Science. Springer, London]
– Discuss privacy and why it’s important in the information age?
– Is personal privacy dead? Discuss.
– List and discuss the major threats to individual privacy.
1) Technologies such as google glass and smartwatches are coming into the workplace. Given the intrusive natures of these technologies, it is easy for employees to take video or photographs of other people at work and share it with others. What ethical issues arise from the use of wearable technologies in the workplace?
2) Smartphones are being used by nurses for clinical communications and workflow in hospitals. Using smartphones to record patient data introduces ethical issues involving patient privacy. Identify what privacy risks arise in such a context and explain the risks in detail.
3) Cyberbullying has been a significant issue globally over the past few years. Cyber-technology has exacerbated this problem due to the proliferation of mobile applications in the marketplace. You receive notification from a third party through one of the Apps that you use inviting you to participate in an event. You are not sure how they received your details. Discuss what security issues arise due to sharing of too much personal information on social media Apps.
4) Speed: The speed of gathering information has greatly increased, causing unethical actions to be carried out in shorter times, thus decreasing the chances of detection. When the chances of being caught are slim, many perpetrators think that they can get away with it. Discuss issues arise due to the speed of gathering information and unethical related actions. [Source: Kizza J.M. History of Computing. In: Ethical and Social Issues in the Information Age, 2010, Texts in Computer Science. Springer, London]
Get assignment help now MyAssignmentHelp