MGT610 Organisational Best Practice Part A
MGT610 Organisational Best Practice Case Study Analysis Part A
|ASSESSMENT 1 BRIEF|
|Subject Code and Title||MGT610 Organisational Best Practice|
|Assessment||Case Study Analysis; Part A|
|Learning Outcomes||This assessments addresses the following Subject Learning Outcomes: Apply and justify appropriate metrics to identify and resolve business problemsCritically analyse the role that best practices play in organisational competitiveness|
|Submission||By 11:55pm AEST/AEDT Friday of Module 2.2 (Week 4)|
|Total Marks||35 marks|
Benchmarking is the process by which organisations measure themselves against their competitors. There are different types and forms of benchmarking, different purposes, different measures and different outcomes. This assessment task requires you to demonstrate your understanding of benchmarking by undertaking a benchmarking analysis of an organisation of your choice against its competitors or national or international standards (depending on the form of benchmarking you choose to undertake). This analysis should identify a strategic weakness that provides an opportunity for improvement.
This analysis will form the basis for Assessment 2, in which you will recommend solutions to the strategic weakness and benchmarks for assessing your solutions.
Chose a public company, not-for-profit organisation, or government agency. This organisation can be based anywhere in the world as long as you can locate its most recent Strategic Plans, sets of financial reports, and/or other measures of business activity in English. From these documents, identify at least four (4) appropriate benchmarks against which this enterprise can be measured – either within their sector, industry, or market; or against national or international standards. Compare the enterprise’s performance against the benchmarks and market trends to prepare a report that identifies a strategic weakness within the company.
Output/deliverables and parameters of the assessment:
You should prepare a report for the attention of the CEO/Managing Director of the organisation of your choice, which should be no more than 12 pages in length, including references and appendices, and should include a minimum of four (4) benchmark measures in the discussion. The report should clearly identify a strategic weakness in the enterprise’s current performance but you DO NOT need to recommend changes that could be made to change the enterprise in line with the weakness identified.
Whilst the format may vary for your report, below is suggested format for you to follow:
- Cover page
- Executive Summary [approximately 300 words]
- A concise summary of the main report in bullet points
- Introduction (approx. 300 words)
- The industry, markets or sectors within which the enterprise operates
- Outline the enterprise’s areas of operation and place in the market/sector
- Main Discussion / Weakness [800-1200 words]
- What areas of enterprise operations were analysed?
- What data were relied upon for this analysis?
- What benchmarks were used?
- What issues/weaknesses were identified?
- Conclusion [300
- Why is this analysis significant?
- What opportunity for improvement is presented?
- Appendices where applicable
Your case study will be assessed based on the Rubric below and is limited to a word count of 2000 words excluding the cover page.
You must recognise all sources of information; including images that you include in your work. Reference your work according to the APA 6th edition guidelines. Please see more information on referencing here http://library.laureate.net.au/research_skills/referencing
Submit your report in the Assessment 1 Case Study Analysis Part A submission link in the Assessment section found in the main navigation menu of the subject Blackboard site. A rubric will be attached to the assessment. The Learning Facilitator will provide feedback via the Grade Centre in the LMS portal. Feedback can be viewed in My Grades.
Please note the following additional information
- You should adhere to the correct use of academic writing, presentation and grammar.
- It is important to check your similarity in Turnitin. All sentences highlighted must be either paraphrased in your own words or put in quotes and referenced accordingly. You should be aiming for as low a similarity score as you can. Similarity highlighted in a contents page, reference list or appendices is nothing to be concerned about.
- It is important to adopt the appropriate use of the APA 6th edition style when citing and referencing research. Please comply with all academic standards of legibility, referencing and bibliographical details (including reference list).
- You are advised to include a minimum of five (5) academic references which should be textbooks or academic journals. Appropriate websites may be used in addition to these.
- The attached learning rubric guides the marker when awarding marks for your essay. You should review your paper in line with this, to ensure there is nothing you have missed.
|Viewpoints of experts are taken as fact with little questioning.||Analysis and evaluation do not reflect expert judgement, intellectual independence, rigor and adaptability.||Questions viewpoints of experts.||Viewpoint of experts are subject to questioning. Analysis and evaluation reflect growing judgement, intellectual independence, rigor and adaptability.||Information is taken from sources with a high level of interpretation/evaluation to develop a comprehensive critical analysis or synthesis. Identifies gaps in knowledge. Exhibits intellectual independence, rigor, good judgement and adaptability.|
|Effective Communication 10%||Difficult to understand for audience, no logical/clear structure, poor flow of ideas, argument lacks supporting evidence. Audience cannot follow the line of reasoning.||Information, arguments and evidence are presented in a way that is not always clear and logical. Line of reasoning is often difficult to follow.||Information, arguments and evidence are well presented, mostly clear flow of ideas and arguments. Line of reasoning is easy to follow.||Information, arguments and evidence are very well presented; the presentation is logical, clear and well supported by evidence. Demonstrates cultural sensitivity.||Expertly presented; the presentation is logical, persuasive, and well supported by evidence, demonstrating a clear flow of ideas and arguments. Engages and sustains audience’s interest in the topic, demonstrates high levels of cultural sensitivity Effective use of diverse presentation aids, including graphics and|
|Correct citation of key resources and evidence 10%||Demonstrates inconsistent use of good quality, credible and relevant resources to support and develop ideas||Demonstrates use of credible and relevant resources to support and develop ideas, but these are not always explicit or well developed.||Demonstrates use of credible resources to support and develop ideas.||Demonstrates use of good quality, credible and relevant resources to support and develop arguments and statements. Show evidence of wide scope within the organisation for sourcing evidence.||Demonstrates use of high-quality, credible and relevant resources to support and develop arguments and position statements. Show evidence of wide scope within and without the organisation for sourcing evidence.|
Check other posts
- COIT20245 Assignment 1 CQU
- MIS602 Data Modelling & Database Design
- MNG03048 Assignment 1 Quantitative Research Methods
- HI5004 T1 2020 Marketing Management
- HI6006 T1 2020 Competitive Strategy
- HI5020 T1 2020 Corporate Accounting
- HI5019 T1 2020 Strategic Information Systems for Business and Enterprise
- HI5002 T1 2020 Finance for Business
- HI6025 T1 2020 Accounting Theory and Current Issues