MGMT20144 Management and Business Context
MGMT20144 Management and Business Context Assignment
1 | Business Case Analysis (30%)
Friday (10-Apr-2020) 11:59 AM AEST
This is a business case analysis of 1600 words +/- 10% Purpose1. You must first select ONE of the following three companies as the subject of your business case– The Commonwealth Bank of Australia– Richmond Football Club– Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Mathematics Alliance(ATSIMA)
2. Conduct research on your chosen company in the aspects below, which correspond to week 1-5 topics, with a focus on critically analyzing the impact of a range of internal and external contextual factors on the performance and decision making of your chosen organization:
a)What is the business structure [not organisational structure] and governance structure of your chosen company?
b)Which environmental factors are influencing your chosen company’s performance and/or decision-making?
c)What are the top three risks your chosen company face and how are they influencing its performance and/or decision making?
d)What business practices your chosen company adopt and how are they influencing its performance and/or decision making?
e)What functional departments does your chosen company have?
3. Your business case analysis must include at least five (5) peer reviewed journal articles published after year 2009 from reputable journals.
Note: further support on writing, referencing, recommended journals etc. is given on the Moodle site for this assignment.
2 | Group Led Presentation and Essay (30%)
Monday (25-May-2020) 11:59 AM AEST
This is a group assignment that involves a 25-minute student-led presentation and a 2000 word (+/-10%) essay on the same topic.
This assessment item accounts for 30% of your final grade for this unit and must be completed by students as a group. This assessment consists of two parts:
(1). An essay addressing your chosen topic (15%);
(2). An in-class presentation (15%).
You must be enrolled in a lecture class and a tutorial class by the census date (31st March, 2020). You will be able to enrol in Assessment Item 2 groups yourself on the unit’s Moodle site. The members of you group must all be within your tutorial group. Groups cannot be formed with students who are NOT in your tutorial group.
There will be a maximum of 5 group members in each group. There will be no changes to these Assessment Item 2 groups after Census date (31st March), so please make sure that you have sorted out which lecture and tutorial class you want to attend by the Census Date (31st March).
Once the groups are finalized, your group is required to choose ONE of the following four topics from weeks 6-9 (in consultation with your tutor) as the focus of your group led presentation and essay. You must include real-life corporate examples in your research efforts:Week 6: Should contemporary organizations abandon closed innovation and focus solely on open innovation? What creative solutions do you recommend to companies on this issue?Week 7: What challenges do contemporary internet organizations face in knowledge management? What creative solutions do you recommend on this issue?Week 8: What advantages and disadvantages does regionalization bring to contemporary organizations? What creative solutions do you recommend for organizations to manage the globalization-induced challenges?Week 9: Should contemporary organizations adopt an ethnocentric or a polycentric attitude in their international staffing? What creative solutions do you recommend for organization on this issue?
Note: further support on forming groups, presentation, writing, referencing etc. is given on the Moodle site for this assignment.
Check out our latest posts
- MNG91002 Entrepreneurship Assignment 1 Case Fairphone
- Write Essays for Money
- Persuasive speech topics
- CIS7028 Information Security
- PUBH6001 Health Policy and Advocacy
- MLC710 T1 2020 Sport and the Law
- Essay Typer for quality essay writer on any topic
- Planning to Study in Deakin in 2020? Get Assignment help
- BSBMGT605 PROVIDE LEADERSHIP ACROSS THE ORGANISATION
- Usage of Moodle or blackboard in UK for assignment help
- Foreign Direct Investment Report
- Coursework 2 Summative Individual Research report
- WS2121 Reflective Statement of Practice learnjcu
- WS2121 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Skills and Frameworks for Practice learnJCU
- Case Synopsis Zynga
- OPMT 1187 Analysis of Project Management Issues
- SLE111 Bioinformatics Assignment Help
- Using UBSS Moodle for Assignment Help
- BSBFIM601 Manage Finances Assignment
- HC3031 T1 2020 Trends in the Global Business Environment
- HC1010 T1 2020 Accounting for Business Group Assignment
- FINA600 Assessment 2 Financial Management
- HI5013 T1 2020 Managing Across Borders
- MGT610 Organisational Best Practice Part B
- MGT610 Organisational Best Practice Part A
- COIT20245 Assignment 1 CQU
- MIS602 Data Modelling & Database Design