LAW514 COMMERCIAL LAW WRITTEN MINI RESEARCH ESSAY
LAW514 COMMERCIAL LAW ASSIGNMENT 1 – WRITTEN MINI-RESEARCH ESSAY
VALUE: 30% OR 30 MARKS
WORD COUNT: 2,000. THIS INCLUDES ALL FOOTNOTES AND REFERENCES.
(10% margin under or over)
This assignment may be submitted on or before 11.59pm (ACST), Study Week 5
Sunday, 5 April 2020
- Submit your Assignment using Word or PDF file format
- The assignment must be lodged online via Learnline Assignment Lodgement link.
- Assignment lodgements will be acknowledged automatically on the Learnline site, on submission.
- Citations: The CDU Harvard or AGLC referencing styles may be used, as long as you choose one style and use it consistently.
- Independent Research IS required for this assignment.
- Further questions: Post your questions on the discussion board.
Asia Pacific College of
Business and Law Semester 1, 2020 Page 1 of 3
UNIVERSITY PLAGIARISM POLICY
Plagiarism is the unacknowledged use of material written or produced by others or a rework of your own material. All sources of information and ideas used in assignments must be referenced. This applies whether the information is from a book, journal article, the internet, or a previous essay you wrote or the assignment of a friend.
Student Breach of Academic Integrity Procedures http://www.cdu.edu.au/governance/doclibrary/pro-092.pdf.
EXTENSIONS AND LATE LODGEMENTS
An Application for Assignment Extension or Special Consideration should be completed and provided to the Dean, College of Business and Law.
This application form, explanation and instructions is available on the Learnline course site or direct from
Please note that it is now College policy that all extension requests must be approved by the Dean. The lecturer is not able to personally approve extension requests.
Leaving a request for an extension, special assessment or special consideration until the last moment, based on grounds that students could have reasonably been able to foresee, may result in the application being rejected.
are subject to a penalty of 5% of assignment marks per day. Partially completed
assignments will be accepted with appropriate loss of marks for the incomplete
ASSIGNMENT 1 – WRITTEN MINI-RESEARCH ESSAY
There are two (2) questions worth 15 marks each.
“Contract law is essentially all about legally binding promises. Consider the types of terms of contract and implications of valid contracts for those in the accounting profession.”
- Consider the types of terms of contracts – express, implied and statutory – with references to cases and legislation
- Consider and discuss what you believe are the main topics of contract law which will be important for you in your professional life.
Important: Answers must refer to cases, legislation, articles or law reports.