The value of this assessment is 25%.
This is a practical task and it will improve and check your practical skills and knowledge relevant to the subject topic. You are needed to arrange simple network using minimum 3 PCs and minimum two routers or use simulation software to arrange the similar network.
You are prerequisite to arrange a network comprising of PCs, servers, and routers. You need to arrange to route between routers. The routers will have numerous network interfaces. The PC client will be linked to one of the router’s interfaces and other PCs server will be linked to the2nd router’s interface.
Client Router Router Server(s)
Setup separate server for each application/service. Every side of the router will be in its own LAN (or WAN) section and it should have a not the same network address, use ONLY private IP address ranges to design this network.
Perform the following activities and support your workings with screenshots [10 marks]:
1. Configure the PC, Server and Router interfaces with appropriate network addressing;
2. Configure routing (IP packet forwarding) on the routers;
3. On the client ping the client’s own network interface, then the local router gateway interface, then the remote router interface, then the server;
4. Use the traceroute command from the client to the server. Include results of the traceroute in your submission.
Task 2 – Configuring Network Services
Using the same network topology that you have setup in Task 1, perform the following additional activities [15 marks]:
1. DHCP: Configure DHCP on the server and show that the client PC has successfully received an IP Address and other network parameters (default router, netmask, DNS) using DHCP;
2. WEB Server: Configure a WEB server on the dedicated machine, with URL as
3. DNS: Configure a DNS Server on the server device and demonstrate that forward and reverse DNS are working from the client PC; test DNS Server by browsing from client PC, DNS must resolve this URL to IP address of WEB Server
4. Firewall: Configure traffic filtering on the router to block TCP traffic only between one of the client PC and WEB Servers, and provide evidence of such traffic filtering.
Challenges may face by students
Students may face several problems while completing this assessment such as Insufficient time, Lack of programming skills, Making an appropriate reference list. Such students can take help and required academic guidance from our subject experts and excel their grades.
Buy Online Assignment Help services for IT ASSIGNMENT with Punjab Assignment Help at firstname.lastname@example.org