ITC505 Project Management Assignment 3 Solution
Assessment item 3
Due Date: 27-May-2019
Return Date: 19-Jun-2019
Submission method options: Alternative submission method
are to prepare and submit Assessment 3 as an individual, based on the Virtucon/Globex scenario, and your peer to
peer learning from Assessment 2. This is NOT a team assessment.
You are required to develop a charter for the Project including:
Include the Project description and overview you developed as part of Assessment 2.
MOV – Measurable Organisational Value
(This is the goal of the project and is utilised to define the value that your team project will bring to your client)
• Identify the desired area of impact – Rank the following areas in terms of importance: Strategy / Customer / Financial / Operational / Social
• With reference to your project, identify one or two of the following types of value:
- Better – is improving quality important to your client?
- Faster – does your client want to increase efficiency?
- Cheaper – is cutting costs important?
- Do more – does your client want to continue its growth?
• Develop an appropriate metric – this sets the target and expectation of all the stakeholders. It is important to determine a quantitative target that needs to be expressed as a metric in terms of an increase or decrease of money.
• Determine the timeframe for achieving the MOV – ask yourselves, when do we want to achieve this target metric?
• SUMMARISE THE MOV IN A CLEAR CONCISE STATEMENT OR TABLE
(Note: the MOV should inform everyone what the project will achieve, not how it will be achieved. It should also focus on the organisation, not on the technology that will be used to build or support the information system).
Define Scope and produce a Scope Management Plan
Define the scope of the project and detail how the scope will be managed.
Provide a list of Resources
Identify and detail the resources for the project using MS Project where appropriate, including:
- People (and their roles), plus any extra personnel that is required for the project.
- Technology – any hardware, network and software need to support the team and your client.
- Facilities – where will most of the teamwork be situated?
- Other – for example, travel, training etc.
Using MS Project, develop a schedule using a high-level Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). It should include:
- Milestones for each phase and
- This will tell everyone associated with the project that the phase or deliverable was completed satisfactorily.
- Activities / Tasks
- Define a set of activities/tasks that must be completed to produce each deliverable.
- Resource Assignments
- Assign people and resources to each individual activities.
- Estimates for Each Activity /
- Develop a time estimate for each task or activity to be completed.
- Project Budget
- Develop a budget using the time and resources estimated for each task or activity
A summary of the WBS should be clearly provided in the report. You must include complete screenshots of your own MS project file in your assignment report and keep your MS project file with you. You lecturer might request your files to be sent individually for marking.
Project Risk Analysis and Plan
- Document any assumptions you have made about the project
- Using the Risk Identification Framework outlined in your text as a basis, identify five risks to the project – one for each of the five phases of the methodology.
- Analyse these risks, assign a risk to an appropriate member, and describe a strategy for the management of each specific risk.
Quality Management Plan. It should include:
- A short statement that reflects your team’s philosophy or objective for ensuring that you deliver a quality system to your client.
- Develop and describe the
following that your project team could implement to ensure quality;
- A set of verification activities
- A set of validation activities
Closure and Evaluation
Researching for the closure checklist and project evaluation
a. To prepare for this task, you will be required to provide an annotated bibliography. (550 words)
Write an Annotated Bibliography for three (3) relevant texts or readings around project evaluation. The Annotated Bibliography is a critical examination of the most relevant, recent and scholarly research on the topic area that is not just a summary of the articles you have read.
You will submit this as an appendix to your project evaluation documentation.
Ensure that the AB submitted by you is your own work and has not been submitted elsewhere and comply with the University’s requirements for academic integrity.
the following resource to guide you around the research tools:
b. Develop a closure checklist that the project team will use to ensure that the project has been closed properly.
c. Develop a project evaluation –outline and discuss how your project’s MOV will be evaluated.
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
- be able to research and critically evaluate how a practising IT project manager applies IT project management techniques, project management skills, methods and software tools in the IT industry.
- be able to understand and apply appropriate communication practices within a project management context.
- be able to research and apply established IT project management principles, skills and techniques to a case study.