HI5003 Economics for BusinessApril 30, 2018
HI6006 Student AssessmentApril 30, 2018
Information Technology Ethics
Assessment item 3
Due date: 04-May-2018
Length: 1200-1300 words
Your lecturer will place several links in Interact to a number of relevant articles and/or case studies. These will be available to you just after your second assignment has been submitted.
- Choose one of the media articles or case studies listed by the lecturer in your Interact 2 subject site.
- Use the title of the article/case study provided in interact 2 as the title of your essay, so that the lecturer knows which article you are analysing.
- Undertake further research about your chosen case, to assist you in analysing and discussing it in your essay.
Four Classical Theories 1) Utilitarianism
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvmz5E75ZIA
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bIys6JoEDw
3) Virtue theory
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrvtOWEXDIQ
4) Contract theory
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Co6pNvd9mc
You are required to complete the following:
Write an essay:
- The word limit for the essay is 1200-1300 words. Headings, citations and references do not count towards the word limit, but quotations do.
- Analyse the article/case study from the perspective of four classical ethical theories including utilitarianism, deontology, virtue and contract. Present well reasoned arguments for your assessments and recommendations.
- Write an overall conclusion that justifies your recommendations made in your essay.
- Include a Reference list at the end of your work, in the correct APA referencing style, corresponding to in-text citations.