IHC011 International human resource management
IHC011 International human resource management and change
Get this assignment with just 60 pounds with us
Call or whats app: +447464884564
|Module Title:||International Human Resource Management and Change|
|Module Leader:||Dr Jonathan Salkeld|
|Word Limit:||2500 words This excludes bibliography and other items listed in rule 6.75 of the Academic Regulations: http://web.anglia.ac.uk/anet/academic/public/academic_regs.pdf|
|Assessed Learning Outcomes||1 – 4|
|Submission Deadline:||This assignment must be received by no later than 14:00 on Tuesday 27 April 2021|
WRITING YOUR ASSIGNMENT:
- This assignment must be completed individually.
- You must use the Harvard referencing system.
- Your work must indicate the number of words you have used. Written assignments must not exceed the specified maximum number of words.
- Assignment submissions are to be made anonymously. Do not write your name anywhere on your work.
- Write your student ID number at the top of every page.
- Where the assignment comprises more than one task, all tasks must be submitted in a single document.
- You must number all pages.
SUBMITTING YOUR ASSIGNMENT:
In order to achieve full marks, you must submit your work before the deadline. Work that is submitted late – up to five working days after the published submission deadline – will be accepted and marked. However, the element of the module’s assessment to which the work contributes will be capped with a maximum mark of 40%.
Work cannot be submitted if the period of 5 working days after the deadline has passed (unless there is an approved extension). Failure to submit within the relevant period will mean that you have failed the assessment.
Requests for short-term extensions will only be considered in the case of illness or other cause considered valid by the iCentre Adviser. Please contact iCentre@lca.anglia.ac.uk. A request must normally be received and agreed by the iCentre Adviser in writing at least 24 hours prior to the deadline. See rules 6.56-6.65: http://web.anglia.ac.uk/anet/academic/public/academic_regs.pdf
Mitigation: The deadline for submission of mitigation in relation to this assignment is no later than five working days after the submission date of this work. Please contact iCentre@lca.anglia.ac.uk
See rules 6.103 – 6.132: http://web.anglia.ac.uk/anet/academic/public/academic_regs.pdf
Imagine that you are a member of the HR Team within a multinational organisation, which has its headquarters in the UK. Your company has decided to enter a new international market by setting up a joint venture in partnership with an overseas organisation. The new international market should lie within the continent of North or South America.
You have been tasked with evaluating the way in which the national culture of the target country may impact on HR strategies and practices in the new joint venture. Examples of HR strategies and practices that may be affected are talent acquisition, performance management, human resource development (HRD) or employee engagement.
You have also been tasked with assessing whether staff should be recruited locally or whether some expatriate staff from within your organisation should be involved in managing HR within the new joint venture.
You have further been tasked with assessing the change issues that will be involved in setting up new HRM strategies and practices within the new joint venture.
You should choose an international organisation and a potential target country (within the continent of North or South America) for the new joint venture.
- Analyse current HR strategies and practices within your chosen organisation within the UK. Using relevant national culture models, assess how UK culture influences the manner in which HR strategies and practices are currently conducted within your organisation.
- Analyse the national culture of your international target country, using relevant national culture models. Critically evaluate the similarities and differences between UK culture and the culture of your chosen international target country.
- Make recommendations as to how HR strategies and practices should be conducted within your chosen international target country. This should include an assessment of HR issues such as talent acquisition, performance management or human resource development. It should also include an evaluation of whether staff should be recruited locally or whether expatriate staff should be employed.
- Make recommendations in relation to the change issues which will be involved in setting up new HR strategies and practices within the new joint venture in your target country. Use at least one relevant change model in your answer.
Note: To enable differentiated reports for this assessment, your module tutor will ask you to identify your chosen organisation and the international market in which you plan to set up your joint venture and you should make this clear in your introduction. If there is duplication, your tutor will discuss an appropriate change to the focus of your research.
- Your report should be word processed using font style ‘Arial or Times New Roman’ and font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing.
- Your margins should be no less than 2 cm and presented in ‘Portrait’ page orientation with all pages numbered.
- Your work must indicate the number of words you have used. Do not exceed the maximum number of words specified above; all assignments which do so will be penalised – the penalty will be the deduction of marks at the marker’s judgement.
- You must use the Harvard referencing system.
- Your assignment submission should be made anonymously. Do not write your name anywhere on your work. You should write your student ID number at the top of every page, but do not write your name anywhere on your work.
This assignment is designed to assess the following learning outcomes – critically. Taking the above elements into account, these are the criteria against which your submission will be measured.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the academic development of HRM within a rapidly changing international context, synthesising theory and practice with respect to the application of HRM to the management of organisations. (LO1)
- Recognise the role HRM has to play in the sustainable and changing strategic development of an organisation, nationally, internationally and globally. (LO2)
- Apply and evaluate a range of international HRM practices and procedures and how they impact on change management. (LO3)
- Analyse the effect of organisational and national culture on the management of human resources and sustainable development within organisations. (LO4)
In addition, your report will be marked against the following specific criteria:
|Mark criteria||Mark awarded|
|An evaluation of current HR strategies and practices within the organisation||/25|
|An assessment of the cultural factors that the organisation should take into account when entering the target market||/25|
|Recommendations to the organisation as to how to implement HR strategies & practices effectively within the target country culture.||/25|
|Recommendations regarding the change management issues involved in developing new HR strategies and practices within the target country organisation||/25|