ICTNWK 561 KNOWLEDGE ASSESSMENT
1.Computer networks share common devices, functions, and features including servers, clients, transmission media, shared data, shared printers and other hardware and software resources, network interface card(NIC), local operating system(LOS), and the network operating system (NOS). Define each of these terms.
2.What are Wireless Repeaters?
3. Before deploying a new application on the network, networking professionals must first assess its possible impact on WAN resources. What factors should be considered prior to deployment?
4. Write a methodology for capacity planning.
5. Why do you need to take building construction into account when planning an enterprise wireless network?
6.What do you identify through site surveying?
7.Describe the various survey types.
8.Which of the following is NOT a component of a Wi-Fi network?
(a) A wireless client
(b) A Bluetooth controller
(c) A wireless LAN controller
(d) An access points
9.What would you consider when trying to optimise the effectiveness of an enterprise wireless network? Discuss.
10. What is the impact of having both the 802.11g and 802.11n access points in the same environment? Will this cause conflicts for the clients in this environment? Can you catalog users by the frequency?
11. We have installed a wireless mesh network that connects two access points (APs) to mesh nodes that are mounted at 25 meters high on 23 light poles. Poles are distributed around a container yard that measures 650 meters by 1,000 meters. There are six rows of containers, varying in height depending upon container movement, stacked to a maximum of 6 containers high. Walkways and vehicle lanes are located in between container stacks. We had expected to achieve 10 Mbps throughput on the ground but do not. Please recommend a solution.
12. For a wireless network to work…
(a) All devices must have a wireless network adapter.
(b) All devices must have a router.
(c) All devices must have Wi-Fi.
(d) All devices must have wired cables
13.What are two common ways to connect devices wirelessly?
a) Router and Wireless Adapter
(b) Wired Cables and a Switch
(c) Wireless Repeater and Hub
(d) Infrastructure mode and Ad-hoc Mode
14.Name a component to an 802.1x setup
(a) A cable
(b) A client computer
(d) A switch
15.What does it mean to use dual radio access points?