HLT301 Assessment Task 1 Nursing, Midwifery and other disciplines
HLT301, Semester 1, 2020
Assessment Task1: Nursing, Midwifery and other disciplines
Due Date: Friday, April 3, 2020 (4 pm)
This task provides you with an opportunity to develop and demonstrate knowledge of processes associated with assessing a person’s mental state in different health care contexts, andsupporting the person to navigate to a place of recovery.
The workbook responses will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Use of evidence to interpret and analyse the mental state assessment, including an assessment of risk
- Interpret and use evidence to plan care to support the mental health needs of the person in diverse health settings
- Critical appraisal of principles of equity, rights and access
- Information literacy skills: use of sources and citations
- Written presentation including structure, grammar, application of referencing protocol Harvard
The workbook contains10questions about mental health assessment, and strategies to work with people with mental illness. You must adhere to the word limit provided for each response.
Nursing and Midwifery students: Watch the video titled “Psychiatric Interviews for Teaching:Mania” that can be found in the Assessment Folder on Blackboard:
- Answer each question in the workbook template. Please ensure that you include both the question and its accompanying answer.
- You are required to respond to the questions in your own words. You may use direct quotes from the video (i.e. the person’s statement may be quoted as long as it is relevant, fits into your word count and helps to explain your application of theoretical understanding to the practice video).
- Each question includes a guide for the maximum number of words expected for the response. Keep within this word limit, although there is a +/- 10% leeway provided.
Supporting literature to answer the questions:
You need to demonstrate you have used the most appropriate source for your responses e.g. policy documents, journal article, textbook etc. Not all the answers require a citation, however you are expected to use a variety of sources eg textbook, journal articles, credible websites etc.
Academic sources should be published within the last 5 years.
At the end of the paper you need to provide the full reference detailsof each citation(reference) you have used in your responses. You are asked to use the Harvard Referencing style according to the guide provided by USC. You will find the Harvard guide by going to Portal – USC Community – Academic skills – Referencing. Essaytyper
The completed workbook assignment will contribute to30% of your overall grade mark and is due to be submitted through SafeAssign.
HLT301Assessment Task 1: Workbook30%
1. Define the mental state assessment, describe when it is to be used and describe why it is a useful tool for nursing or midwifery practice (max 100 words)5 marks
2. Describe John’s appearance and behaviour during the initial assessment (100 words)3 marks
3. Differentiate between mood and affect, and then describe affect as it relates to John(max 50 -100 words) 3 marks
4. Discuss John’s speech(max 50 -100 words) 3 marks
5. What signs or symptoms associated with an episode of mania can you identify in the interview with John? (max 100 – 150 words) 5 marks
6. What tests might Dr Beddi request at the end of the consult with John, and why are these important in the context of symptoms consistent with self-harm? (max 100 words) 3 marks myassignmenthelp
7. Dr Beddi assesses John’s thought and perception.What might she document in the progress notes? (max 50-150 words)5 marks
8. What isJohn’s insight into his current situation? What are the likely outcomes associated with this level of insight? Please comment on his overall judgement as well. (max 50-100 words) 3 marks
9. Looking at John’s presentation overall, what risks does he currently present with? Are there risks that you have excluded? Provide evidence for all your responses. Please give consideration to her physical health as well as all other possible risks. (max 150-250 words)5 marks
10. John is diagnosed with an episode of mania. What interventions/treatment and care pathways/options would be appropriate for his care? Give consideration to the setting in which this care might be provided. Provide rationales for your plans. You will need to read the relevant chapters in your textbook, as well as look for other academic sources (max 300-350 words) 10 marks
Task 3 Mark Allocation
|Question 1||5 marks|
|Question 2||3 marks|
|Question 3||3 marks|
|Question 4||3 marks|
|Question 5||5 marks|
|Question 6||3 marks|
|Question 7||5 marks|
|Question 8||3 marks|
|Question 9||5 marks|
|Question 10||10 marks|
|Written presentation including structure and grammar, and application of the Harvard referencing protocol.||5 marks|