HI6032 Assessment 3 Activity Submission
HI6032 Leveraging IT for Business Advantage
Activity Submissions: Individual Assessments Assessment Weight: 25% (5 deliverables)
Due: Friday, Weeks 4, 6, 8, 10, 12
This assessment item relates to the unit learning outcomes as in the unit descriptor. This assessment is designed to enhance student understanding of the developments and issues arising from adoption of particular technologies in business and to give students experience in analyzing and evaluating implementations of these technologies.
There will be five activity submissions for this assessment, and these will be allocated in the weeks indicated above. For each of these submission, the activity and the submission details will be added to the tutorial sheet for that week. Each activity will be submitted separately and will require approximately 1 page in response.
Each Activity will contribute 5% toward the total marks of the Unit, making a total contribution of 25% for all five activities.
Any references must be included using the Harvard referencing style
Your document should be a single word or OpenOffice document containing your submission.
All submissions will be submitted through the safeAssign facility in Blackboard. Submission boxes linked to SafeAssign will be set up in the Units Blackboard Shell. Assignments not submitted through these submission links will not be considered.
Submissions must be made by the due date and time (which will be in the session detailed above) and determined by your Unit coordinator. Submissions made after the due date and time will be penalized per day late (including weekend days) according to Holmes Institute policies.
The SafeAssign similarity score will be used in determining the level, if any, of plagiarism.
SafeAssign will check conference web-sites, Journal articles, the Web and your own class members
submissions for plagiarism. You can see your SafeAssign similarity score (or match) when you submit your assignment to the appropriate drop-box. If this is a concern you will have a chance to change your assignment and resubmit. However, resubmission is only allowed prior to the submission due date and time. After the due date and time have elapsed your assignment will be graded as late. Submitted assignments that indicate a high level of plagiarism will be penalized according to the Holmes Academic Misconduct policy, there will be no exceptions. Thus, plan early and submit early to take advantage of the resubmission feature. You can make multiple submissions, but please remember we grade only the last submission, and the date and time you submitted will be taken from that submission.
Get Holmes Assignment Help !!
Adapted Harvard Referencing
Holmes will be implementing as a pilot program a revised Harvard approach to referencing. The following guidelines apply:
- Reference sources in assignments are limited to sources which provide full text access to the source’s content for lecturers and markers.
- The Reference list should be located on a separate page at the end of the essay and titled:
- It should include the details of all the in-text citations, arranged alphabetically A-Z by au- thor surname. In addition, it MUST include a hyperlink to the full text of the cited reference source. For example;
- P Hawking, B McCarthy, A Stein (2004), Second Wave ERP Education, Journal of Information Systems Education, Fall, http://jise.org/Volume15/n3/JISEv15n3p327.pdf
- All assignments will require additional in-text reference details which will consist of the sur- name of the author/authors or name of the authoring body, year of publication, page number of content, paragraph where the content can be found. For example;
- “The company decided to implement an enterprise wide data warehouse business in- telligence strategies (Hawking et al, 2004, p3(4)).”
Non Adherence to Referencing Guidelines
Where students do not follow the above guidelines:
- Students who submit assignments which do not comply with the guidelines will be asked to resubmit their assignments.
- Late penalties will apply, as per the Student Handbook each day, after the student/s have been notified of the resubmission requirements.
- Students who comply with guidelines and the citations are “fake” will be reported for aca- demic misconduct.
Holmes Institute is committed to ensuring and upholding Academic Integrity, as Academic Integrity is integral to maintaining academic quality and the reputation of Holmes’ graduates. Accordingly, all assessment tasks need to comply with academic integrity guidelines. Table 1 identifies the six categories of Academic Integrity breaches. If you have any questions about Academic Integrity issues related to your assessment tasks, please consult your lecturer or tutor for relevant referencing guidelines and support resources. Many of these resources can also be found through the Study Sills link on Blackboard.
Academic Integrity breaches are a serious offence punishable by penalties that may range from deduction of marks, failure of the assessment task or unit involved, suspension of course enrolment, or cancellation of course enrolment.
Table 1: Six categories of Academic Integrity breaches
|Plagiarism||Reproducing the work of someone else without attribution. When a student submits their own work on multiple occasions this is known as self-plagiarism.|
|Collusion||Working with one or more other individuals to complete an assignment, in a way that is not authorised.|
|Copying||Reproducing and submitting the work of another student, with or without their knowledge. If a student fails to take reasonable precautions to prevent their own original work from being copied, this may also be considered an offence.|
|Impersonation||Falsely presenting oneself, or engaging someone else to present as oneself, in an in-person examination.|
|Contract cheating||Contracting a third party to complete an assessment task, generally in exchange for money or other manner of payment.|
|Data fabrication and falsification||Manipulating or inventing data with the intent of supporting false conclusions, including manipulating images.|