HI5014 International Business Across Borders
HI5014 International Business Across Borders T2 2019
Group Assignment – maximum 4 persons per group
Note: Groups must be formed by week 6 and your lecturer must be informed in writing of each member’s name and student number. Once a group is formed, no changes are allowed. Students will also need to inform the lecturer of their MNE. Each group must select a unique MNE to research.
Analysis of a Multi-National Entity (Report Format)
Students are required to research and analyse a multi-national entity of their choice. In the report, students must address the following themes from topics 5 -9, including:
- Foreign market entry strategy adopted by the selected MNE
- Competitive dynamics and market conditions faced by the MNE
- MNE’s organisational structure, knowledge management and innovation This is strictly required to be your own original work. Plagiarism will be penalised. Students are required to apply the theories and knowledge derived from the course materials, demonstrate critical analysis and provide a considered and comprehensive evaluation of their selected MNE. Students must use correct in-text citation
40% = comprising a Group Report 30% (week 9) and a power-point presentation 10% (weeks 9-12) , 40 Marks
Report not more than 3,000 words
Week 9 for the group report. [Late submission penalties accrue at the rate of -10% per day]
- All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.
- The assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 12-pt Arial font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings and page numbers.
- Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list, all using Harvard referencing style.
- At the end of your report please include an appendix stating ‘who wrote which section’, i.e. provide the student name and number for each section of the report.
Note: In-class presentation is required. All students must attend the presentation or marks will be deducted. Your lecturer will require the group to submit a draft report in Week 7. Ensure the report is checked for plagiarism using Safe-assign.
This group assignment is an opportunity for students to demonstrate their understanding of course concepts and apply their knowledge of the theories and course material to a contemporary multi- national entity operating in different markets around the world.
Select a current well-known multi-national entity or consult with your lecturer and ensure that it has not been selected by another group. Analyse the selected and approved multi-national entity in terms of:
- Foreign entry strategy
- Competitive Dynamics
- Organisational structure
- Knowledge Management
In this report,
- Use sub-headings
- Use appropriate paragraphing
- Reference the sources used with correct in-text citation conventions
- Provide a full list of references at the end using correct referencing conventions
- Check the safe-assign report and modify the submission if it is Medium or High risk.
Your final submission is due Friday of Week 9 at Midnight. Late submissions will attract penalties at the rate of -10% per day.
Assignment Structure Required
- Holmes Institute Cover Page [This is essential and must be completed accurately]
- Executive Summary
- Table of Contents
- Main Body of the report contains Section Headings – e.g. Introduction, Foreign Entry Strategy, Competitive Dynamics, Organisational Structure, Knowledge Management, Innovation and Conclusion.
- Sub-sections are numbered.
- Appropriate paragraphing must be used.
- Page Numbers must be used.
- Reference List at the end must be in the Harvard format and mainly academic Journal Articles.
- Appendix: Statement of ‘Who wrote which section’. All students in the group must indicate which sections of the report was their individual contribution.
- The report must be within the 3,000 word limit.
Also Check HI5013 Managing Across Border