HC3031 T1 2020 Trends in the Global Business Environment
HC3031 Trends in the Global Business Environment
|Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines|
|Unit Title||Trends in the Global Business Environment|
|Assessment Type||Assessment 1|
|Assessment Title||Individual Report|
|Purpose of assessment and linkage to Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)||Students are required to conduct a literature review of their selected topic from Chapter 1-11 and submit a 1500 words report, excluding references.|
|Assessment Weight||20% of the total assessments|
|Total Marks||20 Marks|
|Word limit||1500 words (excluding references)|
|Due Date||Week 6 Friday 11:59 pm|
|Submission Guidelines||All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.The assignment must be typed in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 12-pt Arial font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate headings/sub- headings and page numbers.A minimum of 10 references must be cited in the text of the report and list appropriately at the end of the report in a reference list in Harvard referencing style.|
Required Structure/Format of the report
- The report must include a cover page
- Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- An Introduction: Briefly introduce the purpose of the report. Within the introductory paragraph, you need to address the key topics you will address in the body paragraphs.
- Body Paragraphs: With headings/subheadings: Please remember to support your claims/arguments with in-text scholarly references.
- A Conclusion: The conclusion must briefly summarise the key points in the body paragraphs.
- Reference List: Please include all in-text references in the list of references formatted in Harvard style. A minimum of 8 references is required.
|Structure, Synthesis of Research||7|
|Research and Referencing Skills||4|
Please choose one of the following questions, using ‘ProQuest’ to conduct your literature search:
Explain the characteristics of globalisation and how it functions. Please support your assertions with some examples.
Evaluate trade policy, the main instruments of trade policy, and their impact on business, consumers and governments.
Identify the primary and secondary sources that can be used to learn about Foreign countries ‘cultures. Please provide examples.
Explain the differences among communism, capitalism, and socialism and how these different economic ideologies affect the conduct of international business. Please provide examples.
Explain how internal controls can facilitate ethical behaviour and help prevent financial impropriety. Please provide examples to support your claims/arguments.
Explain the evolution of multinational enterprises (MNEs) and the pros and cons of foreign direct investment (FDI) from a host country perspective.
Discuss the role that export departments and international divisions play in the organisation of global businesses. Please provide examples.
Describe the challenges involved in staffing foreign operations, assessing needs for training and development, and designing appropriate strategies to meet those needs.
Describe how new products are developed and how existing products are managed for international markets.
Discuss some tactics used for becoming an empowering leader and factors contributing to organisational politics.
Describe organisational and individual approaches to enhance creative problem solving and explain how leaders and organisations can establish a climate that fosters creativity
Check our latest posts !!
- HC1010 T1 2020 Accounting for Business Group Assignment
- FINA600 Assessment 2 Financial Management
- HI5013 T1 2020 Managing Across Borders
- MGT610 Organisational Best Practice Part B
- MGT610 Organisational Best Practice Part A
- COIT20245 Assignment 1 CQU
- MIS602 Data Modelling & Database Design
- MNG03048 Assignment 1 Quantitative Research Methods
- HI5004 T1 2020 Marketing Management
- HI6006 T1 2020 Competitive Strategy
- HI5020 T1 2020 Corporate Accounting
- HI5019 T1 2020 Strategic Information Systems for Business and Enterprise
- HI5002 T1 2020 Finance for Business
- HI6025 T1 2020 Accounting Theory and Current Issues
- HI6005 T1 2020 Management and Organisations in a Global Environment
- HI5014 T1 2020 International Business Across Borders
- HI5003 T1 2020 Economics for Business
- HI6008 T1 2020 Business Research Project