HC2091 T1 2020 Business Finance
HC2091 Business Finance T1 2020
|Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines|
|Unit Title||Business Finance|
|Assessment Title||Comparative Analysis of the ASX and NSX (Individual Assignment)|
|Purpose of the assessment (with ULO Mapping)||To extend students’ knowledge of key securities exchanges in Australia. This individual assignment is mainly based on the learning outcome 1. It allows students to identify key security exchanges and their listing requirements in Australia, research and explore the different market indices and securities traded. At the end of successful completion of the assignment students will be able to have a basic understanding of share markets and their importance.|
|Weight||15% of the total assessments|
|Word limit||Not more than 1,500 words|
|Due Date||Week 4 – Sunday Midnight (23:59 pm.) Late submission incurs penalties of 5 (five) % of the assessment value per calendar day unless an extension and/or special consideration has been granted by the lecturer prior to the assessment deadline.|
|Submission Guidelines||All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed assignment cover page. Please make sure that your name and surname, student ID, subject name, and code and lecture’s name are written on the cover sheet of the submitted assignment.The assignment must be in MS Word format, no spacing, 12-pt Arial font, justify and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings and page numbers. When you submit your assignment electronically, please save the file as ‘Individual Assignment- your student number .doc’. You are required to submit the assignment at Individual Assignment Final Submission, which is under Assignment and Due Dates on Black Board.Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using Harvard referencing style. Submitted work should be your original work showing your creativity. Students need to read and understand the Holmes Academic Integrity Policy before they start any|
HC2091 Business Finance
|assessment. (Please refer section 4.3 Guide to Academic Integrity p 27 of the Holmes Student Handbook) Always keep an electronic copy until you have received the final grade for the Unit. Please make sure that you submit the correct file. Any appeal relating to submitting wrong files after the deadline will not be considered.|
Individual Assignment Specifications
This assignment aims to make students more familiar with stock exchanges with special reference to Australia. This individual assignment is an opportunity for students to demonstrate their understanding of unit concepts and apply their knowledge of the unit material. Students will need to perform a comparative analysis between two different securities exchanges, which requires evaluative, analytical and critical thinking skills.
Students by themselves need to explore information using the official website of Australian Security Exchange (ASX) and National Stock Exchange of Australia (NSX). Students can seek their respective lecture’s advice where necessary to clarify the task.
Assessment Task Requirements:
You are required to prepare a short report, making a comparison between ASX and NSX based on the following key characteristics. In your report, you should clearly separate the answer for each sub question below. a. Find the complete listing requirements for the ASX at www.asx.com.au and the NSX at www.nsx.com.au. Which exchange has more stringent listing requirements? You need to discuss all the listing requirements given, such as number of shareholders, company size etc.
- Identify what are the different types of indices in ASX and NSX and explain the importance of indices
from investor’s point of view.
- List minimum of three financial products trading in ASX. Are there any sub categories of each identified products? Discuss the key features of identified products together with comparison of risk and return of those financial products,
- Overview of ASX including historical evolution, industry categorization, number of listed companies (As of a date in 2019).
1. You are not allowed to copy any information directly from those websites and It is highly recommended that you to understand the basics and prepare your essay using your own writing style. Where necessary you can use tables to arrange your answer.
- Please cite all the information sources used in the essay in the reference list and in text.
The assignment structure must be as follows:
- Holmes Institute Assignment Cover Sheet – Full Name, Student No., Campus, Session
- Executive Summary – The Executive summary should be concise and not involve too much detail. It should make commentary on the main points only and follow the sequence of the report.
Write the Executive Summary after the report is completed, and once you have an overview of the whole text.
The Executive Summary appears on the first page of the report.
- Contents Page – This needs to show a logical listing of all the sub-headings of the report’s contents.
Note this is excluded from the total word count.
- Introduction – A short paragraph which includes the background, scope and the main points raised in order of importance. There should be a brief conclusion statement at the end of the
- Main Body Paragraphs with numbered sub-headings – Detailed information which elaborates on the main points raised in the Introduction. Each paragraph should begin with a clear topic sentence, then supporting sentences with facts and evidence obtained from research and finish with a concluding sentence at the end.
- Conclusion – A logical and coherent evaluation based on a thorough and an objective assessment of the assessment task performed.
- Appendices – Include any additional explanatory information which is supplementary and/ or graphical to help communicate the main ideas made in the report. Refer to the appendices in the main body paragraphs, as and where appropriate. (Note this is excluded from the total word count.)
|1. Identification of listing requirements in both ASX and NSX and explaining which exchange has more stringent listing requirements||2 marks|
|2. Listing of indices in both ASX and NSX||2 marks|
|3. Explanation of importance of indices from investors point of view||2 marks|
|4. Identification of financial products and the subcategories||2 marks|
|5. Discussion of key features of the identified financial products together with comparison of risk and return between them||2 marks|
|6. Overview of the historical evolution of ASX||1 mark|
|7. Identification of industry categorization and number of listed companies in the ASX||2 marks|
|8. Academic writing, structure and referencing||2 marks|
|Total Marks||15 marks|
|TOTAL Weight||15 %|
|Assessment Feedback to the Student: (Note – Detailed feedback will be provided on Blackboard when results are released)|
Check out our latest posts !!
- How to write HI6008 T1 2020 Assignment 1 Group formation
- Need Solution for Tutorial Questions of HI6007 Holmes?
- HI5004 Tutorial 1 Week 2 Marketing management
- PUBH1361 Principles & Practice of WHS
- MMS714 Sport Organisation Behaviour
- ICT583 Data Science Applications Data visualization
- Essay on capital based macroeconomic framework Sweden
- ACC512 Assessment 2 Divine denim
- BUSN20017 Effective Business Communications
- HRMT20024 Managing Human Resources
- MGMT20144 Management and Business Context
- MRKT20052 Assessment CQU
- MNG91002 Entrepreneurship Assignment 1 Case Fairphone
- Write Essays for Money
- Persuasive speech topics
- CIS7028 Information Security
- PUBH6001 Health Policy and Advocacy
- MLC710 T1 2020 Sport and the Law
- Essay Typer for quality essay writer on any topic
- Planning to Study in Deakin in 2020? Get Assignment help
- BSBMGT605 PROVIDE LEADERSHIP ACROSS THE ORGANISATION
- Usage of Moodle or blackboard in UK for assignment help
- Foreign Direct Investment Report
- Coursework 2 Summative Individual Research report
- WS2121 Reflective Statement of Practice learnjcu
- WS2121 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Skills and Frameworks for Practice learnJCU
- Case Synopsis Zynga
- OPMT 1187 Analysis of Project Management Issues
- SLE111 Bioinformatics Assignment Help