Designing and developing products for Internet of thing IOT
IOT Communications Layers
Get Assignment help for this assignment for Just 70 Pounds in 48 hour time
Call or whats app: +447464884564
Assignment – 3000 words
Task 1: IOT Communications Layers
- The number of IoT devices on the market is expected to increase to 12 billion units. How might Internet Addresses (IPv6) affect the development and implementation of the Internet of Things (IoT)?
- List 5 factors that you think would accelerate the adoption and benefits of IoT in near future.
- Figure 1A below presents the four widely accepted and emerging messaging protocols for IoT systems, which are shown at the top of the protocol stack for IoT systems: CoAP, AMQP and HTTP.
Select any two protocols and evaluate each of them on any 5 relevant characteristics such as bandwidth, latency, power/ resource consumption, interoperability, security, message size, abstraction, Header size and complexity.
Figure 1A: Protocol Stack for IoT device
An IoT system distance measuring application consists of an MCU board and ultrasonic sensor to measure the distance of an obstacle as shown in Figure 2A & 2B.
Figure 2A. Components used to measure the distance of an obstacle.
Figure 2B. Sensor used to measure the distance of an obstacle.
You need to design the system by joining the wires in Figure 2A that will enable to measure the distance of the obstacle from the sensor.
- Complete the diagram of hardware components shown in figure 2A by showing all the wire connections and state the pin numbers to be used on the MCU board.
- Provide a code in C language to be used in MCU (Arduino) for measuring the distance when an obstacle comes in line with the ultrasonic sensor. In addition to this, carry out testing of the developed program and provide your testing evidence.
- Identify 3 disadvantages of using Ultrasonic sensors and briefly explain them.
Task 2: Design Approach
The four widely accepted and emerging messaging protocols for IoT systems are: MQTT, CoAP, AMQP and HTTP, however the most widely used protocol is MQTT. MQTT is a publish-subscribe-based messaging protocol used on the Internet of Things. It works on top of the TCP/IP protocol, and is used for connections with remote locations in which a “small code footprint” is required, or a limited network bandwidth. Basic working is shown below in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Basic working of MQTT
- In relation to the messaging protocol for IoT, briefly explain the following terms:
- Explain the working of MQTT with any relevant examples.
C) Explain the 3 most important challenges in using MQTT protocol for IOE communication.
D) Why is MQTT the preferred protocol in IoT?
Task 3: Communication Protocols
Wireless technology (like Bluetooth, BLE, LORA, Cellular, RFID, WiFi, Zigbee, etc) is the main communication channel for IoT devices. As a result, almost all data associated with IoT devices are communicated wirelessly over short or long distances.
- Provide a detailed explanation of any 2 different wireless communication technologies used in IOT devices.
- Explain the working of I2C and SPI protocol.
- State 2 advantages and 1 disadvantage of I2C and SPI protocol
Referencing and Bibliography
You are required to follow the Harvard referencing system when citing others’ work. Include an accompanying list of references as part of your report. Your final work should be well presented and organised.
Although much of your report will contain an existing body of knowledge, you must write your assignment in your own words to demonstrate your understanding of the subject.
|Task 1: IoT Communication Layers||For question 1a, you have provided reasons on as why we need IPv6 addressing in future in IoE.For question 1b, you have covered 5 factors that you think would accelerate the adoption and benefits of IoT in near future.For Question 1c, you have selected any two protocols among (CoAP, AMQP and HTTP) and evaluated each of them on any 5 relevant characteristics such as bandwidth, latency, power/ resource consumption, interoperability, security, message size, abstraction, Header size and complexity.For Question 2a and b, you have provided a complete circuit diagram. Provided a running program in C (Arduino) along with test snapshots. For question 2c, you have provided disadvantages of using Ultrasonic sensors in any project.|
|Task 2: Design Approach||Have covered the basic terms of MQTT and working of protocol-MQTT in IoE, with relevant programming codes? Have you also covered the challenges of using MQTT?Have you justified the reason on why MQTT is best suited for IOT/ IoE systems?|
|Task 3: Communication Protocols||Have you selected and compared any 2 different wireless communication technologies used in IOT devices?Have you covered the working of I2C and SPI protocol?Have you provided 2 advantages and 1 disadvantages of SPI and I2C protocol?|
|Referencing||Your report should be well laid out and formatted according to the given requirements. Your report should be free from grammatical and spelling errors. The Harvard system has been used to cite work where necessary and a list of references is also provided.|