CDU Learnline | Learnline | Learnline CDU| Learnline login| CDU learnline loginMarch 16, 2018
NRSG258 | ACUTE CARE NURSINGMarch 16, 2018
CSC8422 | WEB DATA VISUALIZATION ASSIGNMENT 1 | WEB APP DEVELOPMENT
COMPUTER ASSIGNMENT HELP
Assignment 1 — Project Description
The task of this assignment is to write a single webpage (1 HTML file) that describes the visualisation project.
Answer the following questions. Use 1 or 2 paragraphs per answer. Clearly structure your document through use of HTML5 header and list elements. Images are not required in this first assignment. However, if you include them in your HTML page, be sure to add the image files to the Git repository.
Describe the Dataset
Note before you start: for assignment 2 you will need to show the steps you took to analyse the dataset. So make sure you record your steps carefully when you answer the following questions (especially #7).
- What is the subject matter of the dataset (what is it about?)
- What is the origin of the dataset — how do you think it was generated or compiled?
- Is any cleanup needed before it is usable in a visualisation? How would you perform the cleanup?
- Does the data need to be pre-processed (e.g. summarised, …) before it can be used in the visualisation that you have in mind? How would you perform that pre-processing?
- Can the dataset change, or is it possible that additional data is captured that can be used seamlessly in your visualisation?
- With reference to the Week 2 lecture slideson diverse taxonomies for data, characterise the dataset in the context of these considerations:
- Degree of structuring
- Data source / format
- [DataVis] Data Types
- Type of Dataset
- Attribute Types
Story, Goals, and Style
Note: as this first assignment is a proposal it is okay if some of these answers change later in the semester — if so, you will need to document the change and the reason.
- What story will the visualisation tell?
- Who is the target audience?
- What questions will the visualisation help your audience (not yourself!) to answer?
- What questions will it help the audience to raise? (These don’tneed to be answered by your visualisation in itself; perhaps another visualisation would answer them. But your own visualisation triggers your audience to think of other questions they might want to look into.)
- Are there any dangers of your solution possibly misleading the audience, dependent on the method of visualisation? If so, what will you do to avoid ethical problems?
- Which of the following two styles do you currentlyplan for your solution:
- a visualisation that contains only oneview/representation, but this representation is relatively novel and creative (not your standard bar charts etc);
- one that employs multiplecoordinated (or linked) views where each one is a standard method (e.g. a bar chart) but they work together to tell the story.
- Include a table that outlines the various steps and timelines as you currentlyexpect them to occur.
This concludes the specifications for Assignment 1.
Assignment Marking Scheme
|Correct submission through Git, with at least one commit and one directory (assignment1)
|Presence of the file assignment1/description.html with embedded CSS
|All questions clearly addressed through 1 or 2 paragraphs
|Responses are structured clearly and are insightful, precise, concise, and complete
Punjab Assignment Help
Buy Online Assignment Help services for COMPUTER ASSIGNMENT with Punjab Assignment Help at firstname.lastname@example.org