CN5006 Assignment 1 Web and Mobile Application Development
CN5006 Web and Mobile Application Development
- Cover sheet to be attached to the front of the assignment when submitted
- All pages to be numbered sequentially
- All work has to be presented in a ready to submit state upon arrival at the Hub. Assignment cover sheets or stationery will NOT be provided by the Hub staff.
|Module title||Web and Mobile Application Development|
|Module leader||Dr. Nadeem Qazi|
|Assignment tutor||Dr. Nadeem Qazi|
|Hand-out date||13th July 2021|
|Submission date||14th August 2021 at 23:59 (online submission)|
|Learning outcomes assessed by this assignment||5-10|
|Turnitin submission requirement||Yes||Turnitin Grade Mark feedback used?||No|
|UEL Plus Grade Book submission used?||No||UEL Plus Grade Book feedback used?||No|
|Other electronic system used?||No||Are submissions / feedback totally electronic?||Yes|
Form of assessment:
Individual work Group work
Number of assignment copies required:
1 2 Other
Assignment to be presented in the following format:
Stapled once in the top left-hand corner Glue bound
Placed in a A4 ring bound folder (not lever arch)
Note: To students submitting work on A3/A2 boards, work has to be contained in suitable protective case to ensure any damage to work is avoided.
CD (to be attached to the work in an envelope or purpose made wallet adhered to the rear)
USB (to be attached to the work in an envelope or purpose made wallet adhered to the rear)
Soft copy not required
Note to all students
Assignment cover sheets can be downloaded from logging into UEL Direct via the following pathway.
UEL Direct → My Record → My Program → Assessment log dates with
bar-coded front sheet
CN5006 Application Development Assignment 2020/21 Academic Year
Course work for CN5006 Web and Mobile Application development. Total Marks 50
You should be working in Group of NOT MORE THAN 3 students
Design an a REST API prototype using Covid19 data using node js,express, mongodb and
mongoose for the given csv data having following field . React must be for used for user interface.
Following task should be performed
1Create a Mongo dB collection to hold the data from the given CSV file. name this collection as Covid Data or any appropriate name. (marks 3)
- Develop a web server application using node js express to design the RESTAPI . Your code should separate the server side code from client in at least separate files. The REST API should be able to demonstrate following :
- Create mongoose Schema for this dataset and from this Schema create a model to be used in add delete update and find commands. (marks 3)
2.2 Create a separate file that uses moongose Schema created in 2.1 and make connection with mongoDB marks 3
- Add a POST method to the REST API that should be able to Add the data i.e. number of cases, deaths , state, and date to the Covid collection in mongoDB marks 3
2.4. Add separate POST method for update case, death and date for a given state.(marks 3)
- It should also have an separate Get method to show total number of cases and deaths for a given state (marks 3)
- It should also have an separate endpoint using POST method for deleting a document
i.e. cases and deaths for given state (marks 3)
- it should have an endpoint to display first 20 documents from the covid data base for a given date and state. the data should be displayed on browser.(marks 3)
- it should have an endpoint to display the states where Cases are more than the given value entered by the user in a single day. (marks 3)
3. Front End Application
Create React Application that should be able to create user interface and access the appropriate REST API method using axios.
- makes a user interface using Form and HTML elements for adding data i.e. number of cases, deaths , state, and date to the Covid collection in mongoDB marks 3.0
- create user interface using Form and HTML element for update case, death and date for a given state marks 3.0
- Create a User interface to show total number of cases and deaths for a given state
3.4.user interface for deleting a document i.e. cases and deaths for given state marks 3.0 3.5.userinterface to display first 20 documents from the covid data base for a given date and state. marks 3.0
3.6. user interface to display the states where Cases are more than the given value entered by the user in a single day. marks 3.0
3. Report and Presentation (marks 8)
Live demo of your project. Write a report(template given below) having proper format with list of content, abstract introduction reflecting your understanding about RESTAPI , coding used etc. along with development process The report should also contain, screen shots of the input and output of the endpoint and java script & HTML code with proper explanation. It should also highlight role of every group member.
The presentations date will be announced in August You have to demonstrate your software with a power point presentation (15-20) to explain your work. You may expect few questions on your work in allotted question answer time. Each student in the group is expected to present at least one slide.
SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE, COMPUTING & ENGINEERING
|Module title||Web and Mobile Application Development|
|Names||Student 1 (Name, ID) Student 2 (Name, ID) Student 3 Name ,ID|
|Case Study Title||Title|
|Module leader||Dr Nadeem Qazi|
|Assignment title||Group report|
Your report can be structured in any way you think suitable for analysing your case study and presenting your work. So, you can have as many sections as you need, but the following five sections are mandatory.
The overall aim is to set the scene for your case study, explain any assumption, descope irrelevant issues, etc.
This section is used to explain who is doing what, milestones and other project planning aspects.
Body (You can give this section any name)
Use this section to respond to the questions as they are structured in the coursework document, i.e., they are classified into three sub-domains: (i) requirement gathering, (ii) development process and (iii) analysis and reflections.
To summarise and reflect on your proposed solutions. You can also highlight any limitations or future work as well.
Analysis and Reflection
Add your analysis and reflection under each individual member’s name.
Use this section to refer to work done by other researchers, industry, etc.
The University defines an assessment offence as any action(s) or behavior likely to confer an unfair advantage in assessment, whether by advantaging the alleged offender or disadvantaging (deliberately or unconsciously) another or others. A number of examples are set out in the Regulations and these include:
“D.5.7.1 (e) the submission of material (written, visual or oral), originally produced by another person or persons, without due acknowledgement, so that the work could be assumed the student’s own. For the purposes of these Regulations, this includes incorporation of significant extracts or elements taken from the work of (an) other(s), without acknowledgement or reference, and the submission of work produced in collaboration for an assignment based on the assessment of individual work. (Such offences are typically described as plagiarism and collusion.)”
The University’s Assessment Offences Regulations can be found on our web site. Also, information about plagiarism can be found on the programme’s handbook.