CIS8000 Assignment 1 USQ
MOBILE SMART DEVICE APP
CIS8001 Assignment 1 Technology Entrepreneurship
|Description||Marks out of||Wtg(%)||Word limit||Due date|
|Assignment 1||100||25||2500 (±10%)||3 August 2020|
SPECIFICATION- MOBILE SMART DEVICE APP
This is a team-based assessment (only one submission must be made by the designated team-leader)
In the light of the rapid technology development and the increasing number of people using their own mobile devices for the a wide range of purposes, you and your team have come up with an idea for a smart device app for a particular problem/opportunity that has potential to be developed and marketed by yourself.
Prepare a business case for the strategic development, implementation of your idea. A business case helps to determine whether or not a project justifies investment into the project. The business case defines the problem and its impact and performs a cost benefit analysis for the proposed solution.
Your Business case report will include:
· Letter of transmittal
- Cover sheet (including team name, team member names and student numbers, and document word count)
- Executive summary: This section should be completed after the rest of the document is finished and should be a succinct summary of all your major points; summarize the main points and include sufficient detail so that your potential investor or promoter can use this page as a ready reference.
- Description of problem statement: Summarize clearly here the problem/opportunity that the project is aiming to address; the current landscape in which the problem/opportunity presents itself, the objectives of the project; products/services that will be offered, etc.
- Description of the benefits of the project: A value proposition is a positioning statement that explains what benefit you provide for who and how you do it uniquely well; why your project is distinctly better than the alternatives.
- Market Analysis: This section is designed to give an understanding of how well you understand your market including market segment, market size, challenges of entering to the market and etc.
- Target Audiences: Identify the group of customers most likely to respond positively to your product based on factors such as location, age, income, and so on.
- Competitive analysis: Describe direct and indirect competitors. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the competitors or competing products?
- Resource and operational plan: including infrastructure, resources and equipment and etc.
- Financial analysis (benefit/cost analysis, budget estimation): Summarize the benefits/costs and supporting assumptions associated with the proposed project, including ongoing costs.
- Risk management: Identify the major risks for your project; explain how you want to prevent or manage these risks.
- Preliminary Project plan: Including milestones, deliverables and time estimation.
- We will ask you to develop a mockup of your app idea using the Balsamiq wireframe software in Assignment 2. Therefore, make sure that you select a project that can be further developed into a prototype in the next assignment.
- This assignment must follow the USQ guidelines for report writing.
See: https://www.usq.edu.au/library/study-support/assignments/assignment-structure- and-writing/reports and the Useful Links on the page.
The number words for Assignment 1 is approximately 2500, EXCLUDING the letter of transmittal, title page, executive summary, table of contents, list of references, and appendices.
- The file naming guidelines are as follows:
It is important that you use this convention to ensure that assignments can be tracked: Familyname_studentnumber_teamname_CIS8001_A1
- Replace ‘familyname’ with the family or surname of the designated team leader
- Replace ‘studentnumber’ with the student number of the designated team leader
(which starts with ‘00’)
- Replace ‘teamname’ with the name of your team
- Submit your assignment using the Online Assignment Submission link on the Study Desk
- Late submission of assignment work a. Late assignments will be penalized unless permission has been granted by the course leader BEFORE the assignment due date. Late assignments may be penalized according the USQ policy.
- Ideas obtained from sources must be included in your discussion by expressing the idea in your words and citing the source using the Harvard Referencing style (see: https://www.usq.edu.au/library/referencing/harvard-agps-referencing-guide)
2. You must use at least five (5) academically sound sources other than the textbook in completing this report
- Direct quotes of more than five (5) words will not be considered a demonstration of your knowledge and will be assessed accordingly.
- The assignment must be the expression of work undertaken by the team. It is acceptable to discuss course content with others to improve your understanding and clarify requirements, but solutions to this assignment must be done by members of the team only.
- An Assignment submitted after the due date without an approved extension of time will be penalized. The penalty for late submission is a reduction by five percent (5%) of the maximum Mark applicable for the Assignment, for each University Business Day or part Business Day that the Assignment is late. An Assignment submitted more than ten
(10) University Business Days after the due date will have a Mark of zero recorded for that Assignment.
- NOTE: Your assignment will be sent automatically to the plagiarism checking website
Turnitin when you submit your assignment.
CIS8000 Global Information System Assignment 1
Description Marks out of Wtg(%) Due date Assignment 1 100 35 26 Aug 2019 SPECIFICATION ENTERPRISE MOBILE APP THE PITCH POWERPOINT PRESENTATION In this assignment 1 you are the Manager of a department in a global multinational company. You are allowed to propose the type of organization/industry/business/service for assignment 1 or one will be assigned to you by the course examiner. Further details will be available on the StudyDesk.
In the light of the increasing number of your employees using their own mobile devices (BYOD) for work purposes, you have come up with an idea for a smartphone mobile app for a particular problem that will help improve the workflow, communications and productivity of your staff, both in-house as well as with company employees across the globe. Using Microsoft PowerPoint or YouTube, develop a professional presentation to the CIO to convince him/her to provide the appropriate resources to realize the development, implementation and integration of your concept application into the Enterprise’s App Store. The concept of the app does not have to be particularly sophisticated or innovative for the purposes of this course. We are more interested in the processes and issues involved rather than the end product itself, and the app is therefore to be considered only as a means to an end. So, if you unable to come up with an idea of your own, an adaptation of an existing product or solution is acceptable. Your pitch to the CIO will include: • Details about the organization/industry/business/service o Type (assigned to you) o Description of the organization o Description of department of which you are the Manager • The concept • The business drivers • The benefits • The target audience • A wireframe/prototype design of the user interfaces showing the app in its various steps and phases. • Detailed speaker notes with each slide, if using presentation software. Page 2 of 3 NOTES 1. In the design process, the best way to show customers, managers, and programmers the product you have in mind and want to create is to make a mockup of the views that compose the application user interface. 2. One of the first things you want to do to develop your app idea is to create a mockup of the app. A mockup, as the name implies, is a basic visual prototype of the look and feel of your app. Mockups serve two purposes, one is to test the core concepts of your app and the second is to serve as a blueprint to use when working with developers to build your app. A good mockup will lay out what every screen in your app looks like down to the buttons, colors and fonts and will illustrate how someone moves through the app to complete basic tasks. a. The course examiner has negotiated a free licence for the Balsamiq wireframe software which you are free to download and use (https://balsamiq.com/download/#). Explore the many resources (videos, tutorials, blogs, etc.) at this site. Licensing credentials are available on the CIS8000 Study Desk. b. Please note that you may use a mockup/wireframe/prototype tool of your choice. Provide basic details of the software you use with your submission. 3. If using PowerPoint, a. The expected number of slides is approximately 20 (twenty). b. Each slide in PowerPoint must include comprehensive speaker’s notes (in the Notes section) that expand on the bullet points and graphics on the slide. 4. If using YouTube, a. Limit the time to no more than 15 minutes. b. Submit only the link to the video – not the video itself. 5. Wireframe diagrams will be assessed for (1) Completeness, (2) Clarity, (3) Consistency, (4) Ease of use, (5) Creativity, and (6) Layout and Visual Appeal 6. There must be evidence in your presentation that your app is directly related to the organization/industry/business/service that you have been assigned. Failure to do so will result in zero marks being awarded for this assignment. ASSIGNMENT SUBMISSION 1. The file naming guidelines are as follows: a. It is important that you use this convention to ensure that assignments can be tracked: Familyname_studentnumber_CIS8000_A1 i. Replace ‘familyname’ with YOUR family or surname ii. Replace ‘studentnumber’ with YOUR student number (which starts with ‘00’) 2. Submit your assignment using the Online Assignment Submission link on the Study Desk 3. Late submission of assignment work a. Late assignments will be penalised unless permission has been granted by the course leader BEFORE the assignment due date. Late assignments will be penalised according to the USQ policy. Page 3 of 3 GENERAL REQUIREMENTS 1. The assignment must be the expression of your own work. It is acceptable to discuss course content with others to improve your understanding and clarify requirements, but solutions to this assignment must be done on your own. 2. You must not copy from, or collude with, anyone, including tutors and fellow students, nor provide copies of your work to others. Assignments that do not adhere to this requirement will be deemed as being the result of collusion or plagiarism. This may lead to severe academic penalties as outlined in Academic Regulation 5.10 of the USQ Handbook. It is your own responsibility to ensure the integrity of your work. Refer to the Faculty of Business policy for further details. 3. NOTE: Your assignment will be sent automatically to the plagiarism checking website Turnitin when you submit your assignment.
CIS8000 Global Information System Assignment 1
Get High quality assignment help services for University of Southern queensland for CIS8000 Global Information System Assignment 1 with the #1 Assignment Help company in Australia at Punjab Assignment Help.