CIS5101 Prototype & Briefing
Your web site proposal and presentation (Assignment 1) was accepted, subject to any feedback you may have received.
You company has been asked to develop website you suggested and build the features and functions that will allow your client to start doing business online.
TASK 1: PROTOTYPE IMPLEMENTATION (25 marks)
- Use the assigned URL supplied to you by your Cloudaccess.net/WordPress to develop a preliminary prototype of your proposed e-commerce website.
- REMINDER: Ensure that the prototype is directly and obviously related to the business model/category that was assigned to you. Failure to do so will result in your assignment being rejected and a zero mark awarded.
- Configure the site with a menu and navigation links to (at the very minimum) the following content pages:
- Home page (including a company banner and logo, and navigation menu)
- About page
- Product/information page/s (include descriptions, prices and images)
- Company Policies page
- Returns and refunds
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Contacts page
TASK 2: FINAL WEBSITE (40 marks)
- Extend your WordPress prototype to include:
- An aesthetically pleasing, easy- to-use interface
- Customer registration
- A comprehensive product/service catalogue
- Shopping cart
- Order form and payment interface
- Discussion forum
- Feedback form
TASK 3: BRIEFING REPORT (essay format) (35 marks)
Prepare and submit a briefing document (about 1000 words) with appropriate numbering, headings and sub-headings on completion of the development of the prototype. Include the following in your briefing document:
- Identify the URL of the website and your assigned business model/category in the first part of the report.
- Describe the website structure and the purpose of each element (include snapshots and diagrams where appropriate).
- List the WordPress components and features you used in the development of the prototype.
- Describe each of the website features and functionality that you implemented in Task 2.
- Explain any changes you have implemented (or plan to implement) that deviates from your initial proposal and presentation from Assignment 1.
- List and briefly describe any links and resources that you have used, as well as any that you are likely to use in the building of the fully functional website.
Attach the Word file using the naming convention below, to your online assignment submission in the Assignment 2 area on the CIS5101 StudyDesk before midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on the day the assignment is due.
Upon completion of the submission process, check your — email account for an automatically generated confirmation email (if you do not have an email account, print out the Submission Complete screen before exiting the Submission System). You must check that the file name and file size are listed correctly – if there is a problem with either, please email the course leader immediately.
Buy CIS5101 Prototype & Briefing Report assignment at firstname.lastname@example.org .