7121 BA Leadership Report Assignment
Written Assignment Task Overview
7121IBA Leadership Report
Length – 2500words including references
Get Assignment Help at Punjabassignmenthelp@gmail.com or call +918053884564
The learning objectives of this report:
- To be able to write a report for industry
- To use leadership theory to implement a sustainability strategy
- To understand the complexity, problems and solutions of leading such a strategy
- To reflect on your personal capacities to lead such change
Background and Pitch
You are required to analyse an existing company and develop a leadership and change process to improve the sustainability performance of the company. Some students have chosen the company they presently work in. This is OK. However, not all students will have this opportunity. You should aim to write the report as though you would give it to an upper manager or CEO of the company. The specific task of the assignment is outlined in the structure below.
See L@G readings and lecture notes
- Leadership models
- Organisational change literature
- Reflexive leadership literature
Assignment Cover Sheet
Please use the cover sheet provided in L@G
Suggested format and Task Overview
- Sensitizing statement about your chosen issue and organisation (not a good idea to use a quote) …But use references.
- What is the issue or problem you will address as a leader in the organisation. IE what do you want to change.
- Purpose – what is the purpose of the paper you are writing
- Rationale – Why is it important to answer the question – i.e. a justification
- Scope and limitations (you don’t have to solve all the world’s problems just a small issue)
- Maybe have some definitions if you need these.
Main body (subsections below):
- Overview of the organization.
- Analysis of issue and outline of performance measures
- What leadership model will be used – outline the leadership model.
- Outline of change strategy
- Application of leadership model and change strategy – how will you make changes to the organisation to address the issue and improve the performance of the SDGs.
- Analysis of realistic outcomes of strategy with constraints identified. Guidance on the expectations of content will be provided in the relevant lecture.
- Personal reflection on your ability to implement the above strategy. Guidance on the expectations of content will be provided in the relevant lecture.
- Keep it short
- No new ideas
- State how have you have identified an issue and outlined a solution
- Summarise the discussion of each section from the main body
- Don’t use the same words as in the main body – don’t cut and paste
- State why it is important to solve the issue ( should relate to the rationale in the introduction)
- Never end with a quote
- Use references to limit description of well-established ideas on the topic you are writing about. This can make your writing more succinct and more powerful.
- Use Google scholar articles for your main arguments regarding the issues
- Use the web for finding out information the issues – these may or may not be relevant to quote in the report but you need to use them to gain an understanding.
- Use either APA or Harvard style of referencing.
A submission point will be added to the Assessment Folder
- Style: Report style format
- This assignment is designed to let you develop your own critical perspective to develop your own strategy for change. The point of this exercise is to develop critical and practical thinking based on the leadership theory and strategy.
- There is a difference between the leadership and strategies for change. This will be explained in the lectures.
- There are also workshops devoted to drafting both the presentation and the written assessment.
- A plagiarism testing service (Safe Assign) will be posted in L@G in the assessment folder.
- Draft assignments will not be viewed by the lecturer within 5 days of the submission date.
- Consultation can still occur and answers to specific question provided but the lecturers will not be reading and providing feedback on full draft documents that are emailed to the lecturer. Lecturers are happy to look at drafts early in the semester and you are encouraged to submit drafts!