MN621 | Advanced Network Design Assignment 1 | Management
Case study scenario: Use an industry case study of your PBL exercise
Project Scope: 7114IBA Information Management & Control Assignment 1 IT
Report requirements: The report should have a detail explanation of the planning and designing of a network. It is recommended that bullet points are included whenever necessary. Use your Problem Based Learning (PBL) tutorial findings.
1. Project Scope and requirements
• Get My assignment help with attached evidence of an industry visit as an appendix A: Industry visit evidence
• Include points that you have gathered from an industry professional on their existing network.
2. Network design and justification
• Draw a network design that you think will be useful in the future for the industry that you have visited. Networks should include the following requirements as a minimum:
o 4 routers
o 6 switches o
o 20 PCs
o 3 VLAN.
• Suitable IP addressing scheme in tabular form (assume as many hosts as necessary for each department).
• Indicate where do you use static routing, dynamic routing protocols (name the protocols, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF etc.), Access Control List (ACL) as per the network preferences. Justify your choices.
3. Network configuration
Configure your network using Packet Tracer. Write a report on
• Packet Tracer Network diagram – Copy diagram from your simulator
• Switch configuration
• Router configuration
• Host configuration
• Access point and server configuration guidelines.
4. Timeline and Budget estimation
This section should include the followings:
• Hardware requirements with the specification with costs
• Human resources and logistics
• Tentative timeline specifications.
• Individual demonstration of packet tracer in Week 7.
• Mandatory to demonstrate work-in-progress demonstration in week 5 and 6.